When making a call with Microsoft Teams Voice, you might need to transfer the call to a colleague. However, before you transfer the call, you should probably give your colleague a heads up on what to expect when they answer the call. That's precisely what the 'hold, consult and transfer' feature is for.
How to hold, consult and transfer calls using Microsoft Teams Voice
Microsoft Teams Voice caters for the above scenario with the hold, consult and transfer feature. The process is built into the Microsoft Teams user interface and occurs without having to navigate to and from multiple windows. You can seamlessly put the call on hold, either speak directly to your colleague or send them and instant message and - when everyone's ready - transfer the call.
See the feature in action in the tutorial below.
As seen in the video above, you can hold, consult and transfer calls using the steps below.
Place a call on hold
- When you're in a call, click the More (the button with three dots).
- Click Hold.
- When you're ready to resume the call click Resume
Consult with a colleague then transfer
- When you're in a call click More (the button with the three dots),
- Click Consult then Transfer,
- Type in the name or number of the colleague you wish to consult with. You either can send the receiver an instant message or you can call them directly.
- When you've given your colleague the context they need before they take the call, you're ready to transfer the call. Do so by clicking Transfer.
- You can transfer the call to either their work phone, mobile phone, or directly to their voicemail.
- If at anytime you need to speak to the caller again, just click Resume.
Related Microsoft Teams Voice blogs
If you found this Microsoft Teams Voice blog useful, you should also checkout these blogs:
- How to use Microsoft Teams Voice.
- How to make an outbound call using Microsoft Teams Voice.
- How to call an existing contact using Microsoft Teams Voice.
- How to use speed dial with Microsoft Teams Voice.
- How to access voicemail in Microsoft Teams Voice.
- How to configure your camera, speaker and microphone for Microsoft Teams Voice.
Interested in Microsoft Teams Voice?
Contact us to find out how Microsoft Teams Voice can simplify calling and collaboration for your organisation.