Microsoft Intune now integrates with Google's Android Zero-Touch Enrolment, and that's a big deal. Why? Because it allows you to configure all the policies to your corporate-owned devices, in bulk, without having to manually setup each device.
Your users just open the box and all the applications and configurations are automatically deployed. It also works with other EMM providers, but we'll get to that later.
Setting up Android Zero Touch Enrolment
You can set-up Android Zero-Touch Enrolment in a few easy steps.
- Reach out to a re-seller: Get in-touch with an enterprise re-seller or Google partner. Once you decide on the device you want to go with, the re-seller will set up your 'Zero-Touch portal' and provide your log-in credentials. The re-seller also adds the IMEI number of the devices into your portal. To find a re-seller, visit the official Android website.
- Setup the policies: Sign-in to the portal and set up the work profile, security policies, and application policies. Setting up the application configuration and security policies is very simple. Check out the video walk-throughs for both application and security configurations.
- Select your EMM & MDM provider: Now, choose from a range of EMM and MDM solution providers. Check out all EMM and MDM providers. We highly recommend Microsoft Intune (no surprises there! 😅). By the end of this step, you'll have full access to the built-in enrolment settings in Android.
- The user opens the box and connects their device to the internet: When the user launches their device for the first time and they sign-in with their Work/Microsoft account, Intune will recognise the device by the IMEI number that was added by the re-seller. From there, it will push-out all the configuration policies and whichever policies you configured to the device. All this is completed when the device is first turned-on.
- Presto! The device is managed and ready to be enjoyed by your elated, non-disrupted user! 🎉
Learn more about the process.
Watch me walk you through the process in the video below.
The impact of Zero-Touch Enrolment.
Zero-Touch Enrolment is exceptionally simple to setup and delivers some handy benefits. It drastically reduces the time your End-User Compute team takes to procure and deploy Android devices, while limiting the chance of non-managed devices accessing your corporate data and network. Moreover, if users connect to the internet immediately, the device is 'managed' seconds after the user turns it on!
Ultimately, the most complex step is setting yourself up with an Android Enterprise re-seller, which you only do once. So, if you manage Android devices in your organisation, why wouldn't you try Zero-Touch enrolment?
Would you rather someone else take care of all this for you. Learn more about our End-User Compute services.